Translate

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Work to Date Part One



Hallo again to whomever may actually come across this blog in its (very) fledgling state.

I'm going to load up the pictures I have of the things I've made so far!  I've also finished the really big project I mentioned in the first post, but I will have nice pictures of that a little later.  I have to borrow a nice camera T.T.....

Demon Hunter Leather Luggage Tag, tooled on a kit from the Tandy Leather Factory

This is a luggage tag I tooled for my brother.  No, I don't feel like I can sell work like this, but it is an example of what I could do if you asked me to!  Yes, that is all hand-done.  I didn't cut the parts out for this, but that piece of leather was plain when I bought it.  I like tooling, aka carving shapes and pictures into leather.

Sheridan Wild Rose Style

Letter Stamps with border, no color, only sealant
This was a very simple present I made for someone, and was my first time drawing my own design instead of tracing something onto the leather.  This sign was meant to hang outside the gentleman's workshop, since he had a label for everything else.  JD got me started on leather soon after I started working at a Tandy; he's a great guy : )

Something to note if you're interested: the last two projects have two tones in the colors.  The tag had a light and dark brown, and the rose had a saddle tan and a yellow-ish tone for the pollen.  This isn't because I used two colors or painted it that way, I only used one color!  However, I sealed up the parts that are lighter now before applying the color, so the color didn't seep in as deeply and left that lighter color.  As a note, I like the rich saddle tan color (esp. underneath the dark brown or mahogany antiques), but if you seal it before the color goes on, you get a YELLOW.  No joke.  Just keep that in mind if you ever start doing this yourself ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment